[Go-essp-tech] NetCDF4 compression. write efficiency and CMIP5 policy

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Tue Nov 10 05:50:34 MST 2009

This is not what we experienced. In fact, I recall just the opposite.
Charles Doutriaux did the work, so I'll let him respond directly. Also
it would be good if Ed Hartnett and Russ Rew respond as well to the
slowness that you are seeing. They may be able to help you on this.

Charles, if I recall correctly, were the zlib compressed netCDF files
read faster in CDAT?

We are using CMOR2, in which CMOR2 does the DRS, netCDF-4 classic
compressed output.

Best regards,
	Dean