[Go-essp-tech] PCMDI URLs in CMOR generated NetCDF

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Tue Dec 15 09:54:38 MST 2009

Hi Stephen,

I think the idea was that the baseURL would point to a catalog that
would provide the "address?" of  the actual location of the data.  PCMDI
(and I would think all the gateways) might want copies of the gridspec
files (which will be tiny compared to most of the data files).  So the
URL could point to PCMDI's copy, or possibly to the originating copy,
but that would seem to be more complicated.

The purpose of the attribute is to point the user to somewhere where
he/she can obtain the gridspec files.

I'm not sure I followed your alternative suggestion. If you think the
above is inferior, please try again to explain your alternative.

thanks,
Karl