[Go-essp-tech] Options for implementing DRS URLs in CMIP5

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 14 06:29:23 MST 2009

Hi Stephen

I am still given to understand that CMOR will write out the appropriate directory heirarchy ... so why would a node manager want to arrange it differently? (One of the reasons I have been against symlinks is that does impact on how one would organise the data in ways that do impact on physical layout).

In your document there appear to be some assumptions:
 - that a rewrite filter on the thredds interface would achieve the result (is the thredds interface the only one that matters)?
 - that (in some options) we'd all not follow the DRS, but follow some other common pattern?

I don't believe either to be true (once you throw out the DRS), but I'm not sure they're assumptions either :-)

Cheers
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research