[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 data archive size estimate

Luca Cinquini luca at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 11 08:59:02 MST 2009

Hi Stephen,
	thanks for the estimate, it is indeed very useful. I am indeed in the
process of evaluating the performance of the RDF query services,
and the first think I realized is that we need to drop the inferencer
engine, i.e. some of the "intelligence" of the triple store, since it
causes query performance to slow down considerably for large holdings
(>10,000 datasets). This will require some software changes but it
should be possible.
thanks, Luca