[Go-essp-tech] replicas and search

Luca Cinquini luca at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 3 08:28:32 MST 2009

Hi Stephen,
	I guess the fundamental question is wether the trackingId is file-
specific or dataset-specific. It is certainly possible to have a new
RDF triple of the form:
(dataset, hasTrackingId, trackingId)
but we want to avoid having to start tracking ids for each file of
each dataset, since datasets can potentially have many, many files (I
assume this is still true?).
See below for your other related questions.
thanks, Luca

On Dec 3, 2009, at 4:03 AM, <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk> <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
 > wrote:

> Hi Luca,
>
> I've taken a look at the ontology in Protégé.  I see there is an
> esg:Dataset class with some interesting properties:
>
> esg:hasUri
points to the full dataset URI, for example:
<esg:hasUri rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/
XMLSchema#string">resource://ESG-NCAR/ID#test.dataset.0</esg:hasUri>

> esg:hasUUID
points to the dataset UUID, which is the database identifier, but we
don't currently use it within an RDF context.
> esg:hasDataArchive
this property is actually obsolete, replaced by hasGateway
> esg:hasDataService
used to point to data access services of any kind, through the
DatasetAccess object. Currently the ESG gateway does not store the URL
of a THREDDS catalog, but it looks like we will probably have to do
it, and if so we would use this property to store it in the RDF triple
store.