[Go-essp-tech] No Thursday meeting this week

Don Middleton don at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 1 22:23:20 MST 2009

Hi all - We are not planning to have a general ESG meeting this
Thursday. We've had a lot of progress as of late, and next week we'll
be convening a joint EU/DOE/NSF working meeting at NCAR to resolve
critical requirements and design issues related to versioning,
primarily in the context of CMIP5. There will be the regular GO-ESSP-
TECH meeting next Tuesday and the topic will be where we're at on this
development line. The intent is to be able to move into an
implementation phase after next week's work is done.

There's a fair chance that we'll plan to meet _next_ Thursday, in
order to recap conclusions regarding the meeting, and implications
beyond that (e.g. replication). We'll be in touch on that. I'm cross-
posting here.

cheers - don