[Go-essp-tech] replicas and search

Luca Cinquini luca at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 1 14:30:45 MST 2009

Hi,
	as I mentioned today at the telecon, I think the RDF query services
should be able to handle the concept of dataset replicas quite nicely.
The main concepts are that the RDF records generated from replicas
must have different RDF identifiers, so they can be exchanged
independently among gateways, and must reference their original RDF
record.

If you are interested, I've documented some of the details here:

https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Metadata+Search+and+Replicas

I'm also including a snapshot of an ESG Gateway that shows multiple
replicas returned as part of a DRS search (note that how the replicas
are presented in the result page can be easily changed - the picture
is just to show that the query can handle replicas).

thanks, Luca