[Go-essp-tech] Versioning Discussion...

Nathan Wilhelmi wilhelmi at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 1 08:54:39 MST 2009

Hi - For today I would like to propose we:

1) Review requirements changes from Hamburg. see:
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Data+Publication
2) Review conclusions reached / needed from the e-mail threads. (dataset
mutable, what constitutes at version change etc).
3) Review what needs to be discussed / prepared prior to Bob and Stephen
coming to NCAR.

* I added a diagram to the WIKI that we created earlier the shows the
current dataset hierarchy / model that we have now. This was useful in
aligning publisher / gateway interaction so it might be useful in other
discussions going forward.
 https://wiki.ucar.edu/download/attachments/37432983/Free_Form_Diagram__New_ESG_Hierarchy.png?version=1&modificationDate=1259682286201

* When we start working on versioning again I will refine and expand
some of the UML diagrams that I did for the GO-ESSP meeting. When those
are ready I will post to the group when they are on the WIKI. It will
likely be later in the week before I can get to that however. I suspect
those will be helpful for next weeks discussions and will be refined as
part of that process.

Thanks!

-Nate