[Dart-users] Tim Hoar retirement

Data Assimilation Research Testbed users dart-users at mailman.ucar.edu
Thu Jul 1 17:18:39 MDT 2021

Tim -

congrats on your retirement - my only regret is that I did not know you better.  The code you, Nancy, and others wrote has already set a high standard for how good scientific software should be written.

Best of luck and enjoy those “golden” years!

Lou

> On Jul 1, 2021, at 9:25 AM, Data Assimilation Research Testbed users via Dart-users <dart-users at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:
>
> I want to thank everyone I've worked with and learned so much from over the years.
> I have found the collaborations and relationships I have made with all of you to be extremely rewarding.
> By far, the worst thing about retiring will be the tremendous loss of the interaction with you all.
>
> My NCAR email is supposed to be active for a few more months while I burn off my Paid Time Off,
> but since I'll be learning how to retire ... I may not respond to them as soon as I'd like.
>
> To remove any mystery ... I've been working basically since I've been 14 and will turn 60 in a few weeks.
> 46 years is enough, and I just feel it is as good a time as any to enjoy travelling with Ruth and enjoying
> life while my health is still good.
>
> I will miss you all.
>
> Tim Hoar

| Dr. Louis J. Wicker
| NSSL/FRDD  Rm 3336
| National Weather Center
| 120 David L. Boren Boulevard, Norman, OK 73072
|
| E-mail:   Louis.Wicker at noaa.gov
| HTTP:    www.nssl.noaa.gov/~lwicker
| Phone:    (405) 325-6340
| Fax:        (405) 325-2316

I  "In fact the hardest part of research is always to find