[Dart-users] Latest update to DART beta release

Nancy Collins nancy at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 25 16:32:51 MST 2013

hi all,

this afternoon i have updated the beta version of the Lanai release
to include the scripting support for the CESM components - CAM,
POP, CLM, and the coupled CESM system.  to set up a CESM component
run there are scripts in the DART/models/xxx/shell_scripts directories,
where xxx is one of: CESM, cam, POP, clm.

if you are interested in testing this code please send a note to
dart at ucar dot edu and tell us you want the beta.  we will send you
the link to check out the code from our subversion repository.

if you have already checked out a version of the beta code you can
do an 'svn update' to get the latest version of the proposed release code.

if you are trying to reproduce results from the Kodiak version of DART
(or a previous development branch or trunk version) and you're using
the intel compiler, add '-fp-model precise' to your FFLAGS in the
mkmf.template file.  on intel chips which allow concurrent numerical
computations they no longer guarantee that you'll get bitwise-identical
results unless you add this compile-time flag.  it has a slight performance
penalty, so if you're doing a qualitative comparison you can leave it off.

as always, if you have questions or feedback, please email dart at ucar
dot edu.

happy thanksgiving,
nancy