[CESElist] [FWD: Action Alert - No Child Left Inside Act]

Amy Stevermer asteverm at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 19 14:45:35 MDT 2007

Hello CESE colleagues,
Just thought I'd pass along this latest announcement regarding
legislation-in-the-works. Environmental education in the K-12 arena
faces many of the same challenges as Earth system science education,
even though there is not necessarily the shared goal of being recognized
and accepted as a rigorous laboratory science. (EE folks would claim
that they are more than science.)
It's valuable material for our reference: the web site has some good
information, the attached letter is a nice example, and there are pieces
that are definitely relevant to promoting ESSE. A good, somewhat
parallel effort emphasizing the goal of environmental literacy--

Cheers,

Amy