CEDAR email: CEDAR 2024 Workshop: The 2023 and 2024 eclipses

Perry, Gareth W gareth.w.perry at njit.edu
Tue May 21 03:14:52 MDT 2024

Dear CEDAR Community,

We would like to draw your attention to "Investigations of ionosphere and
atmosphere response to the October 14, 2023 and April 8, 2024 solar
eclipses" workshop, which is being held on CEDAR-Thursday between 10:00 am
- 12:00 PM (PDT). The focus of the workshop is on the ionosphere and
atmosphere response to the annual and total solar eclipses that occurred on
October 14, 2023 and April 8, 2024, respectively. Both eclipses were
observable over a sizable portion of the North American continent. We
solicit presentations reporting on investigations into one or both of these
eclipses. The presentations can be theoretical or observational in nature —
and we encourage presentations reporting ongoing research activities
related to these eclipses (that may not have matured enough for reportable
results). We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!

- Gareth Perry,  Christopher Watson, Bharat Kunduri, Daniel Emmons, Alex
Chartier, Nathaniel Frissell, Shunrong Zhang, Ercha Aa, Phil Erickson,
Saurav Aryal