CEDAR email: Session announcement

Olu Jonah olu.jonah at sri.com
Mon May 20 15:44:00 MDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in our 2024 CEDAR Workshop session dedicated to the “Needs for ground-based instrumentation over the equatorial and low-latitude regions”.
This session welcome talks on science needs for improved instrumentation in low and equatorial latitudes and instrumentation design.
We solicit discussions on the following related areas:
(1) Can we resolve plasma irregularities and long-term variability over equatorial and low latitudes, particularly at the African sector?
(2) Modeling and data integration studies to figure out the knowledge gaps resulting from insufficient ground-based instrument in the region.
(3) What efforts are currently underway to enhance existing instrumentation and deploy new systems?
The session welcomes observational, modeling discussions/presentations that explore the current state of instrumentation and the need for more.

This sessionhttps://cedarscience.org/workshop/2024-workshop-ground-based-instrumentations is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 11 June 2024 from 10:00-12:00 PDT at the Westcoast room. Please monitor the workshop agendahttps://cedarscience.org/2024-workshop-agenda for any possible changes to the room or day/time of the session.

Interested speakers are encouraged to reach out to any of the conveners and indicate whether they plan to attend in person or remotely.

We look forward to your attendance and contributions!

Best regards,
Olusegun Jonah - olu.jonah at sri.com<mailto:olu.jonah at sri.com>
Asti Bhatt -  asti.bhatt at sri.com<mailto:asti.bhatt at sri.com>
Cesar Valladares -  Cesar.Valladares at utdallas.edu<mailto:Cesar.Valladares at utdallas.edu>