CEDAR email: Second announcement for the 11th CCMC Workshop (June 3 - June 7, 2024)

Yue, Jia (GSFC-674.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] jia.yue at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 30 17:10:48 MDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

This is the second announcement regarding the invitation to attend our 11th Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC) Workshop<https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/ccmc-workshops/ccmc-2024-workshop/> to be held at The Hotel at the University of Maryland<https://www.thehotelumd.com/>, College Park, Maryland on June 3 – June 7, 2024.

We are pleased to inform you that a tentative block agenda<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18GzqSAHGnrv7kpGOcxbbjMTb375kzvCvcYLM6-YdDvc/edit?usp=sharing> is now available on the workshop website<https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/ccmc-workshops/ccmc-2024-workshop/#agenda>.

This year, in addition to these topics, we will hold several discussion sessions focused on open science in modeling. These sessions include advancing the open use of models and simulation outputs, open model validation and R2O2R, and open science infrastructure in modeling for heliophysics. The goal is to hold discussions on opportunities and challenges and then follow up with a community recommendation report.

Additionally, we have a limited amount of travel funding available for those participants interested in contributing to Open Science sessions and the community report. Please see the Travel Support Application<https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/ccmc-workshops/ccmc-2024-workshop/#travel-support-application> page for more details and the form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19bGzLUk_Bd88OZnnlYLxdNwAwBNCcXOcO5-TCGXnBJ0/viewform?edit_requested=true> to apply. Please note that this funding only covers flights and hotel accommodations, booked by our booking agents. This does not include reimbursement for travel already booked.

If you have not done so already, please let us know if you are able to attend the workshop as soon as possible via this RSVP/registration form<https://forms.gle/wdeakqJP1CCSpdkHA>. There will be no registration fee, however RSVP/registration is required for attendance. We appreciate early RVSPs for workshop planning as well as in-person and virtual attendee limit purposes.

As a reminder, a limited number of rooms have been blocked at The Hotel at the University of Maryland<https://www.thehotelumd.com/>. The discounted group rate of $199 per night<https://reservations.thehotelumd.com/book/dates-of-stay?groupID=4205169> (plus applicable taxes) is available to workshop attendees. You must reserve your room no later than May 14, 2024 in order to receive the special rate. More details about registration/RSVP and the hotel can be found on the workshop website<https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/ccmc-workshops/ccmc-2024-workshop/#accommodation>.

Please contact Elana Resnick (elana.m.resnick at nasa.gov<mailto:elana.m.resnick at nasa.gov>) and cc Leila Mays (m.leila.mays at nasa.gov<mailto:m.leila.mays at nasa.gov>) if you have questions about the hotel and other logistics information.

We hope you will be able to participate.

Best Regards,

Masha Kuznetsova, Elana Resnick, Leila Mays, Chiu Wiegand & CCMC Team

Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC)

Jia Yue (he/him/his)
ITM Research Scientist  at CCMC                                       Senior Scientist
Space Weather Lab, Code 674                                                Department of Physics
NASA GSFC, Greenbelt, MD                                        Catholic University of America, DC
https://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/bio/jia.yue
Office: 301-286-1070  Cell: 970-213-5715