CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Postdoctoral Fellow in Atmospheric Physics at Stockholm University

Jörg Gumbel gumbel at misu.su.se
Fri Feb 24 14:50:01 MST 2023

The Department of Meteorology at Stockholm University is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to become part of our MATS satellite team. The Swedish MATS satellite (Mesospheric Airglow/Aerosol Tomography and Spectroscopy) was launched in November 2022 to investigate atmospheric waves with a focus on the mesosphere and lower thermosphere. The remote sensing performed by MATS is based on optical imaging of atmospheric emissions and tomographic/spectroscopic analysis of the resulting data. We are now looking for a postdoctoral fellow with strong data processing and analysis skills.
In close collaboration with other members of the MATS team, this postdoctoral project will bridge all the way from basic data processing via the generation of global 3D data fields to specific research questions on atmospheric wave activity.

The position concerns full-time employment for a minimum of two years, with the possibility of extension to three years. Please find details and information about the application process at
https://www.su.se/english/about-the-university/work-at-su/available-jobs?rmpage=job&rmjob=20215&rmlang=UK