CEDAR email: Session A23 on Ground Geomagnetic Observations at IUGG in Berlin

Jürgen Matzka jmat at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 14 04:31:54 MST 2023

Deadline extended - your contributions are welcome!

Please find below the call for abstracts from the convenors of Session
A23 and a list of related sessions by the IAGA Division V Chair.

*************
Dear colleagues,

Again we would like to invite you to *Session A23* at IUGG BERLIN 2023:

> *A23 Current Developments of Ground Geomagnetic Observations and
> Integration With Space Based Data*
>
> *Description *
> Ground geomagnetic observations play a crucial role in generating high
> quality and consistent long term data sets. On the other hand,
> satellites produce high quality data with global coverage. The
> combination of ground and satellite data open new possibilities for
> studying space weather, space physics, magnetosphere-ionosphere
> coupling, secular variation, and for geomagnetic field modelling. This
> session aims to bring together the most recent results from
> experimental and theoretical improvements in data acquisition and
> their application. We invite contributions on all aspects of advances
> in developing new techniques for operating ground observatory,
> magnetometer station and satellites, as well as application of their
> data. These include the techniques for measurement, instrumentation,
> data processing, modelling, and any other applications in a global or
> regional context.
>
> *Invited Speakers*
> Yosuke Yamazaki, Takuto Minami, Ellen Clarke

Please note that the *abstract submission and travel grant application
deadline has been extended to:*_*
*__*21 February 2023,  23:59 Pacific Time​
*_
https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/abstract-submission/

Conveners Team
Seiki Asari, Katia Pinheiro, Vincent Lesur

*************

Dear All,

As you may know, the deadline of abstract submission to IUGG 2023
was extended to 21 February 2023. Below is the list of symposia that
is related to IAGA Division V. Please consider to submit your works
to these symposia.

A21 Satellite-Based Geomagnetic Field Measurements and Modeling
A22 Planetary Magnetic Fields and Secular Variation at All Temporal Scales
A23 Current Developments of Ground Geomagnetic Observations and
         Integration With Space Based Data
A24 Geomagnetic Observations, Indices and Products for Space Science,
         Space Weather and Space Climate Applications
JA03 Analogue Data for the Future: Preservation and Present-Day Utilization
         of Historical Data in the Geosciences (IAGA, IACS, IASPEI,
IAHS, IAG, IAPSO)
JS03 Probing the Earth’s Lithosphere: Understanding Tectonic, Volcanic,
Cryotonic
         and Geodynamic Processes Using Geophysical Methods (IASPEI,
IAG, IAGA)
JH01 New, Large, and Open Data for the Earth and Environmental Science
         Community (IAHS, IAPSO, IACS, IAGA, IASPEI)

See you in Berlin in July!

Regards,
Masahito Nosé (IAGA Division V Chair)

*************

See you in Berlin, Jürgen

--
Dr. Jürgen Matzka
Section 2.3, Geomagnetism
E-Mail:jmat at gfz-potsdam.de

Helmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre For Geosciences
Public Law Foundation State of Brandenburg
Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam
Germany
-> OpenOffice, LibreOffice documents welcome <-