CEDAR email: One week left to submit to AOGS-AS12 “Passive and Active Sensing of the Chemistry and Dynamics of the Middle and Upper Atmosphere"

Patrick Joseph Espy patrick.espy at ntnu.no
Tue Feb 7 07:26:13 MST 2023

There is only one week remaining until the deadline, and We would like to encourage you and your colleagues to present your research at our session AS12, "Passive and Active Sensing of the Chemistry and Dynamics of the Middle and Upper Atmosphere" at the 20th AOGS in-person meeting in Singapore 30 July-4 August 2023. For details on the AOGS Meeting and abstract submission, please visit: https://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2023/public.asp?page=home.asp

Abstract submission deadline: 14 Feb 2023

Session Description:

AS12- Passive and Active Sensing of the Chemistry and Dynamics of the Middle and Upper Atmosphere

The Earth's atmosphere and ionosphere above the tropopause (~10 km) maintains a balance between solar radiative and particle forcing from above, and the action of atmospheric waves rising up from below. Quantifying how these forces drive the general circulation and waves in the atmosphere and control both the chemical balance and its temporal and spatial variability is crucial to understanding how composition, momentum, and energy couple vertically and horizontally in the atmosphere and ionosphere. Thus, remote sensing and in-situ sampling, as well as the laboratory and modelling studies that complement and explain these observations, are the primary tools used to understand the aeronomy of this region. This session will look at recent results from ground-based as well as in-situ and satellite-borne observations, models, and relevant laboratory studies. It will include new sensing techniques and sensors, mission concepts, models currently being planned or under development, and the impact of their integrated results on our understanding of the stratosphere, mesosphere and ionosphere/thermosphere.

The meeting will be held in-person from July 30th– August 4th, 2023.  Abstract submissions are open and due February 14th, 2023. For details on the AOGS Meeting and abstract submission, please visit https://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2023/public.asp?page=home.asp

We hope that you can accept our invitation to contribute a paper to our session and look forward to meeting you in Singapore at the 20th AOGS2023.

With best regards from your session convenors, Patrick Espy, Iain Reid, and Jeng-Hwa Yee