CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Scientific Computing/Data Processing at Space Dynamics Laboratory Albuquerque, NM

Vince Eccles Vince.Eccles at sdl.usu.edu
Fri Feb 3 13:30:50 MST 2023

Job ID 9654A   https://spacedynamicslaboratory.applytojob.com/apply/job_20230203190141_M4HPLL8NQTQORUKY

Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking a scientific computing software engineer with strong data processing and analysis skills to become a part of our team. We are the world leaders in developing frameworks that support high-speed and real-time data analysis for RF and Over the Horizon Radar (OTHR) applications. In addition to software-based data analysis, our team constructs and deploys antenna hardware to demonstrate novel ionospheric measurement technology. Candidates should possess familiarity in one or more of the following areas: software design, APIs, data visualization, Docker containerization, algorithm development, and radar signal processing. This position is located on Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:

Flexible work schedules that fit your style- traditional five-day work week, every other Friday off (9-80 schedule), possible work from home days
Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account-no matching required!
Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with high job satisfaction
Relocation assistance available for most positions
Required Qualifications:

Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, Physics, or related field
Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a US government security clearance
Must be willing and able to support occasional travel (25% maximum)
Desired Qualifications:

Demonstrable experience and expertise in signal processing and image analysis
Working knowledge of Julia, Python, or C++
Working knowledge of Docker and software containerization practices
Working knowledge of radar, radar systems, remote sensing, and signal detection
Demonstrable experience and expertise with common software development practices, including:
Version control and continuous integration
Cross-platform implementations (Linux and Windows)
Detailed software documentation
Parallel processing, hyper-threading, or GPU processing
Unit testing
Demonstrable experience in atmospheric or ionospheric research
Strong computing background and can demonstrate capabilities in object-oriented design and development
Analysis of very large data sets for sparse events
Machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence techniques
In your application's cover letter, let us know if you possess experience in any of the following categories:

Image processing techniques
Data processing pipelines
Scientific computing and computational geometry
High performance computing architectures and frameworks
Atmospheric or ionospheric data processing
Radar signal processing
Docker and software containerization
Cloud technologies and deployment (AWS, AWS GovCloud, Azure, etc.)
Version control tools (GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.)
Willingness and disposition to provide mentoring, leadership, and experience sharing with other engineers
SDL supports a variety of missions, including NASA's vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense's aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering play an essential role in some important missions you've heard of, and others that you haven't. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.

For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact employment at sdl.usu.edu.

EOE including Disability and Vet

https://spacedynamicslaboratory.applytojob.com/apply/job_20230203190141_M4HPLL8NQTQORUKY