CEDAR email: Two researcher positions in Bergen, Norway, funded for five years

Karl Magnus Laundal Karl.Laundal at uib.no
Mon Apr 24 10:22:19 MDT 2023

We are seeking two skilled researchers to join our team in Bergen, Norway, to develop a numerical fluid-simulation of 3D ionospheric dynamics. The positions are fully funded for five years in a European Research Council project, and represent a unique opportunity to work on a cutting-edge research project that will advance our understanding of how Earth's atmosphere is dynamically coupled to space.

We are looking for:
1) A researcher with a PhD in either physics, scientific computing, applied and computational mathematics, or an equivalent field; and with experience from developing dynamic fluid computational models and expertise in Fortran or C.
(https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/243952/researcher-within-computational-space-physics)
2) A researcher with a PhD in space physics, strong command of Python, and experience with space plasma simulations.
(https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/243954/researcher-within-space-physics.)

We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for professional development. If you are interested in joining our team, please review the detailed job postings for each position and apply as soon as possible. The application deadline is end of June, and the earliest start date is 1 October. For more information, please contact Karl Laundal at karl.laundal at uib.no<mailto:karl.laundal at uib.no>