CEDAR email: meeting: ISTPNext and the Heliophysics Great Observatories - May 8-10 at JHU/APL
Kepko, Emil Lawrence (GSFC-6750)
larry.kepko at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 17 13:37:50 MDT 2023
The draft schedule and registration ($50 in person, $0 virtual) for the ISTPNext workshop is now available at
A focal point of the workshop is the concept of “Heliophysics Great Observatories” that coordinate space- and ground-based observations with modeling, theory, and advanced analysis techniques into holistic studies of the SH, ITM, and Mag systems. The top-level schedule is below:
Day 1 (May 8), all plenary
* Introduction by Jason Kalirai, Nicky Fox and Peg Luce
* Scene-setting talks by Nicki Viall (SIH), Matina Gkioulidou (Mag) and Yue Deng (ITM) (90 minutes)
* SH-Great Observatory (90 minutes)
* Mag-Great Observatory (90 minutes)
* ITM-Great Observatory (90 minutes)
Day 2 (May 9), plenary + breakouts
* Numerical simulations across the heliosphere (90 minutes)
* Advanced analysis techniques (90 minutes)
* Future Research Infrastructure (90 minutes)
* Heliophysics “branding” (45 minutes)
* Breakouts on numerical simulations (validation, cross-scale coupling) and SH coordination planning
Day 3 (May 10), plenary + optional breakouts.
* Ground-based/simulation and data/model comparisons
* Wrap-up, plans for reporting up-and-out to NASA
ISTPNext constitutes a grass-roots extension of the original ISTP program, unifying the Sun-Heliosphere and Geospace communities under a common scientific framework of studying elements of the Heliosphere as systems-of-systems. Such an international program would coalesce our discipline and help coordinate current and future observations, programs, and initiatives to holistically study our interconnected system-of-systems in pursuit of answering fundamental science questions.
For more information please contact one the organizers.
Larry Kepko (NASA GSFC), George Ho (JHU/APL), Yoshifumi Saito (JAXA), and Louise Harra (PMOD/WRC)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email