CEDAR email: Job Opportunity -- Scientific Computing/ Space Dynamics Laboratory/Albuquerque Office

Vince Eccles Vince.Eccles at sdl.usu.edu
Mon Oct 17 10:48:23 MDT 2022

Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking a scientific computing software engineer with strong data processing and analysis skills to become a part of our team. We are the world leaders in developing frameworks that support high-speed and real-time data analysis for RF and Over the Horizon Radar (OTHR) applications. In addition to software-based data analysis, our team constructs and deploys antenna hardware to demonstrate novel ionospheric measurement technology. Candidates should possess familiarity in one or more of the following areas: software design, APIs, data visualization, Docker containerization, algorithm development, and radar signal processing. This position is located on Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

See: https://spacedynamicslaboratory.applytojob.com/apply/job_20220929203052_P4IOC2JWBXFRBF8U

SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
*	Flexible work schedules that fit your style- traditional five-day work week, every other Friday off (9-80 schedule), possible work from home days
*	Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
*	A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account-no matching required!
*	Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
*	High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
*	A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
*	We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with over 90% job satisfaction
*	Relocation assistance available for most positions
Required Qualifications:
*	Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, Physics, or related field
*	Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a US government security clearance
*	Must be willing and able to support occasional travel (25% maximum)
Desired Qualifications:
*	Demonstrable experience and expertise in signal processing and image analysis
*	Working knowledge of Julia, Python, or C++
*	Working knowledge of Docker and software containerization practices
*	Working knowledge of radar, radar systems, remote sensing, and signal detection
*	Demonstrable experience and expertise with common software development practices, including:
o	Version control and continuous integration
o	Cross-platform implementations (Linux and Windows)
o	Detailed software documentation
o	Parallel processing, hyper-threading, or GPU processing
o	Unit testing
*	Demonstrable experience in atmospheric or ionospheric research
*	Strong computing background and can demonstrate capabilities in object-oriented design and development
*	Analysis of very large data sets for sparse events
*	Machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence techniques

EOE including Disability and Vet