CEDAR email: Invitation to 2022 GEM SCIMM Focus Group Sessions

Ferradas Alva, Cristian (GSFC-6730)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] cristian.ferradasalva at nasa.gov
Tue May 24 09:56:54 MDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in the SCIMM (Self-Consistent Inner Magnetospheric Modeling) Focus Group sessions at this year's GEM Summer Workshop. We will have four sessions as follows:

1. SCIMM stand-alone session: Monday June 20, 10:30 am — 12:00 pm HST
2. SCIMM stand-alone session: Monday June 20, 1:30 pm — 3:00 pm HST
3. SCIMM-MPEC joint session: Wednesday June 22, 1:30 pm — 3:00 pm HST
4. RB-CP-SCIMM-MPEC joint session: Wednesday June 22, 3:30 pm — 5:00 pm HST

The topics of our two stand-alone sessions will be ring current dynamics and wave-particle interactions, respectively. Also, in our stand-alone sessions and in the SCIMM-MPEC joint session we will have discussions about our challenge events: the May 27-30 2017, September 6-12 2017, and August 25-30 2018 geomagnetic storms. An overview of these events can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PPFMzBZMfQ2a3fxZD3dpQw4c-IAR74G3/view. We especially welcome contributed talks about the challenge events but all talks related to the topics of our sessions are welcome.

Please contact Cristian Ferradas (cristian.ferradasalva at nasa.gov) and Chao Yue (yuechao at pku.edu.cn) to submit contributed talks. We will list the contributed talks and details of the sessions on the FG website at https://gem.epss.ucla.edu/mediawiki/index.php/FG:_Self-Consistent_Inner_Magnetospheric_Modeling.

Kind regards,

The SCIMM FG conveners (Chao Yue, Qianli Ma, Jacob Bortnik, and Cristian Ferradas)