CEDAR email: CEDAR Workshop 2022: MSTIDs/TIDs/TAD

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Tue May 17 21:54:18 MDT 2022

Dear CEDAR community,

We will be holding a session on: “Advances in atmosphere vertical coupling and
its relationship with ionosphere-thermosphere oscillatory phenomena
(TAD/TID/MSTIDs)” during the CEDAR Workshop 2022.  The session is scheduled
for *Thursday, 2**3** June 202**2,* *from **1**6**:00 **to 18**:00**.*

We want to know the latest advances in the vertical coupling of the
atmosphere and its relationship with the ionosphere-thermosphere
oscillatory phenomena (TAD/TIDs/MSTIDs), its low, medium, and high latitude
sources, its physical mechanisms of excitation. We also want to discuss the
formation, progression, and global impacts of traveling
ionospheric/atmospheric disturbances (TADs/TIDs), long-standing challenges
of space weather research. We welcome submissions on methodologies,
including theory, modeling, observation, and experimentation. We are also
interested in multi-instrumental approaches to better understand
atmospheric coupling.

For more details about this joint session, please check out the
session workshop page at:

https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2022-workshop-mstidtidtad

Best regards,

Pedrina Terra – pterra at naic.edu