CEDAR email: Reminder: CEDAR Science Photo Contest

Lindsay Goodwin lindsaygoodw at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:41:26 MDT 2022

Hello Colleagues,

*We are less than one month away from the CEDAR photo contest deadline! Do
not be shy. Promote your science!*
This year, our three categories will be:

   1. Taking observations and field work
   2. Networking and social events
   3. Models and data

All photos will be made available through the CEDAR website, BUT one winner
will be announced for each category. The winning photos will be prominently
featured and used in advertising CEDAR Science.

Rules and important information:

   - Each photo can only be a maximum of 25MB
   - For each photo, the photographer must specify the approximate date,
   location, category, and subject of the photograph
   - Contest entries must be submitted to cedarphotocontest at gmail.com by *June
   5*. The photos will then be posted in a poll, and the community will get
   to vote on the best pictures.
   - Since the a goal of this contest is to update our image repository, a
   contestant can enter as many images as they would like in any category
   - Only people who have attended a CEDAR Workshop in the past (in-person
   or virtually) or are planning to attend the 2022 Workshop are eligible
   - The winners will be announced on the last day of the CEDAR workshop
   - By entering this contest, the photographer agrees to the rules and
   regulations outlined below.

Please email cedarphotocontest at gmail.com, or lindsay.v.goodwin at njit.edu, if
you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Lindsay Goodwin and Astrid Maute
CSSC Photo Contest Subcommittee

----------* RULES AND REGULATIONS* ----------
By submitting to the photo contest, the contestant agrees to the following:

1. I (the contestant) represent and warrant that I am the copyright holder,
or that I have obtained legally sufficient permission from the copyright
holder, of any photograph that I submit to UCAR (the “Materials”).  I
further represent and warrant that the use of the Materials by UCAR does
not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.  I
understand that UCAR cannot, and will not, determine the proper ownership
of any Materials and that UCAR is relying solely upon my representation.

2. I represent and warrant that if any Materials that I submit to UCAR
contain the image of an identifiable person that I have obtained a legally
sufficient release from that individual to use their likeness.

3. I hereby grant UCAR the irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to
use the Materials for any lawful purpose related to UCAR’s mission,
including (but not limited to) in any publication, real-time webcast,
advertisement, news release, website and any promotional or educational
material in any medium. I understand that UCAR may sublicense the Materials
to third parties for any legal purpose as UCAR may determine in its sole
discretion.  I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve
the use of the Materials or any reproduction thereof.

4. I hereby release and discharge UCAR, its trustees, directors, officers,
employees, licensees and affiliates from any and all claims, actions, suits
or demands of any kind or nature whatsoever in connection with the use of
the Materials and the reproduction thereof.

5. I certify that I am at least eighteen years of age and that I have read
and agree to these rules and regulations.