CEDAR email: Space Physics job opening

Robert Kerr rkerr at cpi.com
Thu Mar 31 13:24:41 MDT 2022

Please apprise the CEDAR community of this open position?
Thank you,
Bob Kerr

 Computational Physics Inc. (CPI) seeks a Space Physicist to advance our
programs in observational aeronomy for our Lowell, Massachusetts location.
CPI currently serves commercial, government and academic clients with
distributed arrays of optical instruments and magnetometers, and through
custom instrument development for airborne and satellite platforms.  These
data-generating activities complement the analytical radiative transport
and environmental modeling that remains the CPI foundation and an important
professional resource for this new position.

The candidate should carry an advanced degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of
work experience in a scientific or technical field related to ground-based
or airborne observational work.  Backgrounds in experimental methods,
optics, electronics, electromechanical system development, data handling,
and machine learning are all assets.  Travel to remote sites for instrument
development and maintenance is expected, as is a vigorous community
presence that includes organization of observation campaigns, scientific
authorships and grant writing.  CPI intends that the successful candidate
will assume leadership of our established optical interferometer network
and will participate in internal research and development efforts for
commercial applications.

CPI is an Employee-owned Company and an Equal Opportunity Employer, with
headquarters in Springfield, VA.  At CPI we study the physical properties
of the Earth and its surrounding atmosphere as well as our neighboring
planets and our own sun. We make the study of science practical by
translating our findings into products, both hardware and software, that
make our customers' lives better and easier. CPI has served various U. S.
Government agencies, universities, international science organizations,
prime contractors, as well as commercial customers for over 35 years.

This position provides a robust benefits package including, Medical, Dental
and Vision coverage in addition to vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Retirement benefits include employee stock, profit sharing and a 401K plan.

Please send your resume in confidence to employment at cpi.com. In the subject
line, please write "Space Physicist". A cover letter is optional.