CEDAR email: Mailing request

Welling, Daniel T daniel.welling at uta.edu
Fri Mar 4 10:09:50 MST 2022

Hello, CEDAR newsletter. Could you please include the following announcement in the next newsletter?

My apologies if this does not follow the correct format- the CEDAR website is down, so I cannot get more info on the submission process right now.

Thanks!
-dw

CUSIA 2nd Virtual Workshop on Interhemispheric Asymmetries: March 31st - April 1st

The Center for the Unified Study of Interhemispheric Asymmetries (CUSIA) will host the 2nd Virtual Workshop on Interhemispheric Asymmetries on March 31st and April 1st. This two-day workshop will build on the themes and breakout topics of the first CUSIA online workshop, held on August 20-21, 2020, and aim to build new collaborations across the community. The themes of the workshop include asymmetries introduced by the Y-component of the IMF; solar illumination and dipole tilt; the south Atlantic anomaly and energetic particle precipitation; and challenges in introducing asymmetries in fully coupled global simulations. We invite researchers working on topics of asymmetries to give "request for collaboration" talks to advertise their work and request collaborations from the larger community to help expedite their progress--for example, data analysts who desire simulations of their event, or modelers who desire data to compare for an event. The workshop will culminate in a set of breakout room-style meetings to connect researchers working on common topics and plan tasks moving forward.

The workshop is open to all with no registration fee. Details, registration, and connection information can be found at https://cusia.uta.edu/events/cusia-2nd-virtual-workshop/