CEDAR email: Posting Abstract Advertisement for AGU Session in CEDAR mailing list

Vincent Ledvina vincentledvina at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:03:55 MDT 2022

Hello!

I am emailing you because I would like to advertise our AGU session in the
CEDAR mailing list.  The message I would like to include is below.  Let me
know if you have any questions or if you need anything more from me.  Thank
you for the consideration and opportunity to advertise our session!

Message:

Hello, CEDAR community!

We invite you to submit an abstract to the Fall 2022 AGU MacGyver session: The
Place for Novel, Exciting, Self-Made, Hacked, or Improved Sensors and
Software Solutions to Understand Space Weather (SH029).  The deadline to
submit an abstract for the session is August 3.

This 3rd edition of the MacGyver session focuses on the interdisciplinary
applications of Space Weather across space physics and aeronomy. All
geoscientists, including students, citizen scientists, hams, and artists
are invited to present (1) new sensor systems, using technologies in novel
or unintended ways; (2) new software, algorithms, data storage or
transmission solutions sending data from the field and any other nifty
approach; (3) started initiatives that facilitate the creation and sharing
of novel sensors, open source code and data, and software systems.

Connected a smartphone sensor to an Arduino or Raspberry Pi? 3D printed a
magnetosphere model or electrostatic analyzer? Show it! New methods in
space physics, aeronomy, planetary, and atmospheric electricity are all
welcome. Bring prototypes and demonstrations. We credit Hydrology for
pioneering this idea. This session is co-sponsored by PSWS, the working
group on Personal Space Weather Stations under the NSF DASI initiative.

We are looking forward to seeing your abstract!  Feel free to contact us at
vincentledvina at gmail.com with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely, the session conveners:

Vincent Ledvina, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58202

Laura Brandt, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD

Nathaniel Frissell, The University of Scranton Physics and Engineering,
Scranton, PA 18505

Kristina Collins, Case Western Reserve University, Electrical Engineering,
Cleveland, OH

--
Vincent Ledvina *(he, him, his)*
Solar Physics Intern at Predictive Science Inc.