CEDAR email: EGU23 abstracts: ST3.4 session on couplings in the atmosphere-Ionosphere system

hmq512 at gmail.com hmq512 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:07:06 MST 2022

Dear Colleagues,

The 2023 EGU General Assembly will be held on 23-28 April 2023. We invite
you to consider submitting your abstract to the ST3.4 session, "Couplings in
the atmosphere-Ionosphere system". The session is hybrid and welcomes
contributions from both in-person and remote participants.

Session Description:

The ionosphere-thermosphere system is the portion of geospace where the
neutral atmosphere interacts with plasma. These interactions are driven by
numerous periodic and transient processes across broad temporal and spatial
scales. Our session aims to communicate the recent advances in
atmosphere-ionosphere couplings. We solicit observational and modeling
studies on relevant couplings through, e.g., long-term trends, regular
atmospheric circulation and oscillations (e.g., the El Ni?o-southern
oscillation and the quasi-biennial oscillation), geological and
meteorological transient atmospheric disturbances (e.g., sudden
stratospheric warmings, volcanic eruptions, and earthquakes), waves and
wave-like perturbations (e.g., planetary waves, tides, gravity waves, and
traveling ionospheric disturbances), and turbulent and other nonlinear
processes.

 Abstract submission:

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/session/46347

 Note that the abstract submission deadline is Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at
13:00 CET.

We look forward to your contribution.

 Sincerely,

Conveners: Maosheng He, Yosuke Yamazaki, Larisa Goncharenko, Chao Xiong,
Gunter Stober