CEDAR email: NSF Presence at AGU

Huang, Tai-Yin thuang at nsf.gov
Fri Dec 9 14:14:36 MST 2022

From: Liu, Zhuangren <zhualiu at nsf.gov<mailto:zhualiu at nsf.gov>>

  1.  The Directorate for Geosciences at NSF will have an Exhibition Booth (1313).  At the booth, there will be lightning talks covering a broad range of topics from Monday afternoon through Thursday morning.  The schedule of the lightning talks and recordings can be found via this link, NSF GEO Outreach | NSF - National Science Foundation<https://www.nsf.gov/geo/outreach/>.
  2.  Several of us in the AGS Geospace section will be attending the meeting in person.  We will take turns to be at the booth (see the schedule below).  Please come talk with us, and we love to hear from you!

Mon (12/11) 2-3, Roman Makarevich (Program Director for Geospace Facilities)
Tue (12/12) 2-3: Tai-Yin Huang (Program Director for Aeronomy, Data Infrastructure)
Tue (12/12) 3-4: Mangala Sharma (Program Director for Space Weather Research)
Wed (12/13) 10-11: Alan Liu (Geospace Section Head)
Wed (12/13) 3-4: Mangala Sharma (Program Director for Space Weather Research)
Wed (12/13) 4-5: Tai-Yin Huang (Program Director for Aeronomy, Data Infrastructure)

  1.  There will be a NSF-NOAA Agency Town Hall on Thursday 12/15 from 6-8 CT at Hilton Chicago (720 S. Michigan Ave) .  The Town Hall will be in the Waldorf Max Room on the 3rd floor.  We will give update on recent NSF activities and answer questions.