CEDAR email: CEDAR DEI Happy Hour, March 25, 2021 at 8:00 EDT

Jones, Jr., McArthur mcarthur.jones at nrl.navy.mil
Mon Mar 15 15:30:18 MDT 2021

Greetings CEDAR Community and DEI Enthusiasts,

Time for another CEDAR DEI Happy Hour. Please come and join us to have a friendly chat and discussion about DEI related topics in the CEDAR Community and the world at large on March 25th, 2021 at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. Please see the Zoom information and link below to join. We will also be posting Zoom information on the CEDAR DEI Slack Channel (https://app.slack.com/client/T0155SNDV46/C0162969NJE/details/top). At this meeting we look to continue our conversation from last Happy Hour focused on thinking about DEI Safe Spaces in CEDAR. We ask that participants again consider the following questions:
1.       How can we create “safe spaces” in CEDAR?
2.       How do you define a “safe space”?
3.       What does a safe space look like for you?
4.       How can it/this be most effective to the you and the community?

Other topics that were discussed in the Safe Space context included microagressions and imposter syndrome. We look forward to seeing everyone and enjoy seeing the new faces that continue to spend an hour conversating about these very important issues. Please help spread the word. We welcome any and all to participate (even those outside CEDAR so please help spread the word!

Hope to see you there!

McArthur “Mack” Jones Jr., Julio Urbina, Komal Kumari, Meghan LeMay, Huixin Liu, Katrina Bossert, Susan Nossal, Phil Erickson

--PS: If you would like to express support for the CEDAR DEI Task Force and support the Actionable Items listed in the google doc above, please sign the CEDAR DEI Statement and Call to Action (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kimmOV-95pJud2smbYrx0UrPdcOpvEKrfeQjw0UPXQQ/edit?usp=sharing), if you haven’t already.

Julio Urbina is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: CEDAR DEI Happy Hour March 25th 8-9 pm EDT
Time: Mar 25, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://psu.zoom.us/j/98901609453?pwd=ZnRDdGM3VUlJOTB1Qnd2Q2U2b3NPdz09
    Password: 019506

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +13017158592,98901609453#  or +13126266799,98901609453#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)