CEDAR email: URSI GASS 2021 Rome - Session on "Ionospheric Space Weather"

Anthea J Coster costera at mit.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:24:44 MST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry for any cross posting.
GASS 2021 will be held in Rome, 28 August-4 September 2021, replacing the GASS 2020 cancelled due to COVID 19 pandemic. The URSI committee is implementing a hybrid option for the meeting, allowing both on-site and remote participation.

Call for papers closes soon on 31 January 2021.
We would like to draw your attention to our session:

G08 Ionospheric Space Weather

This session will focus on the ionospheric and space weather events that may impact telecommunications and navigation systems. It will also cover all areas of ionospheric space weather research including modeling, data assimilation, and novel observations, especially those using radio wave techniques. Of special interest are papers describing the assessment and validation of space weather models, and the justification of the need for new ground and space-borne measurements. Studies and investigations addressing the modeling, forecasting and/or mitigation of ionospheric phenomena due to space weather events, such as large scale ionospheric gradients or medium- and small-scale irregularities, are also welcome.

Convenors:  Anthea Coster, Vincenzo Romano, Ashik Paul, Seebany Datta-Barua

Below some useful links:

  *   GASS 2021 (Rome, 28 August-4 September) https://www.ursi2021.org
  *   news COVID 19 https://www.ursi2021.org/covid-19/
  *   GASS 2021 Program https://www.ursi2021.org/program/
  *   GASS 2021 Abstract submission https://www.ursi2021.org/author-info-abstract-submission/

Best Regards
Anthea Coster, Vincenzo Romano, Ashik Paul, Seebany Datta-Barua

--

Anthea J. Coster, PhD
MIT Haystack Observatory

phone:    617-715-5753