CEDAR email: CEDAR workshop: Save the date 20-25 June, 2021

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 25 16:22:03 MST 2021

Dear CEDAR community

We want to give you advance notice of plans for the 2021 CEDAR summer
meeting.

Given the ongoing COVID pandemic situation the *CEDAR 2021 summer meeting
will be virtual*.  We wish we could be confident that it would be safe to
have an in-person meeting, but circumstances suggest that it will be late
summer or fall before this would be possible.  To give everyone adequate
time to plan we have made the decision to remain virtual.  We found the
international participation last year to be very robust and hope we can
repeat this year.

We will run the meeting for the* full week of 20-25 June 2021*, with a*
virtual student day on Sunday, June 20*.  We are planning for a workshop
structure more typical of pre-pandemic meetings with supported virtual
sessions including Townhall, Science highlights, Awards and individual
workshop sessions. Keeping in mind that virtual meetings can be quite
fatiguing we plan to keep sessions in a shorter format.

We are also planning to have* Award talks from the 2020 winners*:  Prof.
Robert Schunk and Dr. Marty Mlynczak.  Due to logistics limitations created
by the pandemic, the CSSC has decided not to solicit Prize nominations for
2021.  We will resume the nomination and award series in 2022.

The workshop website will go live in February for workshop proposals and
subsequently for poster submission. We expect that submissions for
individual workshop proposals will be open until the end of March.

Delores J. Knipp, CSSC Chair
On Behalf of the CEDAR Science Steering Committee (CSSC)