CEDAR email: CEDAR Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force Happy Hour

Jones, Jr., McArthur mcarthur.jones at nrl.navy.mil
Sat Feb 13 11:47:34 MST 2021

Greetings CEDAR Community and DEI Enthusiasts,

It’s that time again! Time for another CEDAR DEI Happy Hour. Please come and join us to have a friendly chat and discussion about DEI related topics in the CEDAR Community and the world at large on February 25th, 2021 at 8:00 pm Eastern Time.  Please see the Zoom information and link below to join. We will also be posting Zoom information on the CEDAR DEI Slack Channel (https://app.slack.com/client/T0155SNDV46/C0162969NJE/details/top). At this meeting we would like to start a discussion about Safe Spaces in and at CEDAR. This was one of the DEI community-suggested Action Items for the DEI Task Force to consider (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rl29P-lmXHlFon_2oxm2PYNdrBGKOGhKISxKfROGKXk/edit?usp=sharing). We ask that participants consider the following questions to help motivate discussion:
1.       How can we create “safe spaces” in CEDAR?
2.       How do you define a “safe space”?
3.       What does a safe space look like for you?
4.       How can it/this be most effective to the you and the community?

We look forward to seeing everyone and getting their input on this important action item. Hope to see you there!

McArthur “Mack” Jones Jr., Julio Urbina, Komal Kumari, Meghan LeMay, Huixin Liu, Katrina Bossert, Susan Nossal, Phil Erickson

--PS: If you would like to express support for the CEDAR DEI Task Force and support the Actionable Items listed in the google doc above, please sign the CEDAR DEI Statement and Call to Action (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kimmOV-95pJud2smbYrx0UrPdcOpvEKrfeQjw0UPXQQ/edit?usp=sharing), if you haven’t already.

Julio Urbina is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: CEDAR DEI Happy Hour
Time: Feb 25, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://psu.zoom.us/j/96202670501?pwd=RzI4dFo4cGJJUmVrL3Q4dUd2SWVCUT09
    Password: 856859

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +13126266799,96202670501#  or +16468769923,96202670501#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)