CEDAR email: CEDAR Science Slack Workspace

Grawe, Matthew A grawe2 at illinois.edu
Sat Jun 20 14:07:33 MDT 2020

Dear CEDAR Community,

As the 2020 Virtual CEDAR Workshop approaches, we would like to inform you about the newly created CEDAR Science Slack workspace (cedarscience.slack.com). This intended to serve the CEDAR Science community during the virtual workshop in addition to acting as a resource for sustained interactions at all times.

To kickstart the joining process, we have created a temporary invitation link, set to expire on July 13th, 2020:

https://join.slack.com/t/cedarscience/shared_invite/zt-f3e4yin7-nrXl64KYD6EBYhjNvo2ODQ

Additionally, current members of the workspace can freely send invites to other community members.

We strongly encourage workshop session conveners and other community leaders to join and utilize the workspace by creating and using channels for their subcommunities. We also invite students to play a leadership role in making this a beneficial resource for the entire community.

If you are new to Slack, or would like more information on the benefits of using Slack, the following resource may assist you:

https://slack.com/resources/slack-101/what-is-slack

@everyone We look forward to seeing you there!

Matthew Grawe
Ryan Mcgranaghan