CEDAR email: On combining TAD/TID/MSTID sessions for Virtual CEDAR meeting

Vargas, Fabio Augusto fvargas at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 10 11:39:34 MDT 2020

Tks Astrid

I will do it.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2020, at 12:38, Astrid Maute <maute at ucar.edu> wrote:

Hi Fabio,
could you send it to cedar_email at mailman.ucar.edu<mailto:cedar_email at mailman.ucar.edu> and it will be posted as you send it.
That way your name / email will be associated with the message and people can reply directly to you.
Let me know if you have questions.
Astrid

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM Vargas, Fabio Augusto <fvargas at illinois.edu<mailto:fvargas at illinois.edu>> wrote:
Hello Astrid

I hope you are doing well.

would you please pass the message below to the CEDAR community. It concerned the joint session on TAD/TID/MSTIDs.

Thanks in advance.

Fabio Vargas

Dear CEDAR community,

We will be holding a joint session on TAD/TID/MSTID: Earth’s atmosphere vertical coupling relation with MSTIDs; Identification and Source Differentiation; Disturbances of high latitude origin and their low latitude impacts. The session is scheduled for Thursday, 25 June 2020, at 11:00 AM-01:00 PM Mountain Time.

We want to learn the latest advances in atmosphere vertical coupling and its relationship with ionosphere-thermosphere oscillatory phenomena (TAD/TIDs/MSTIDs), their low, mid, and high latitude sources, and their physical excitation mechanisms. We also want to discuss the formation, progression, and global impacts of Traveling Atmospheric/Ionospheric Disturbances (TADs/TIDs) is one of the long-standing challenges of space weather research. We welcome submissions on methodologies, including theory, modeling, observation, and experiment. We are interested in modeling and data studies of TIDs and how to use multi-instrument approaches to understand the phenomena better.

The virtual CEDAR is free to attend. For details about this joint session, please check out the session workshop page at http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2020_Workshop:Joint_Session_on_TAD/TID/MSTID.

More details about the virtual CEDAR workshop (including the link to register) go to http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2020_Workshop:MainVG

Best regards,

Conveners:
Fabio Vargas, fvargas at illinois.edu<mailto:fvargas at illinois.edu>
Manbharat Singh Dhadly, manbharat.dhadly at nrl.navy.mil<mailto:manbharat.dhadly at nrl.navy.mil>
Kate Zawdie, kate.zawdie at nrl.navy.mil<mailto:kate.zawdie at nrl.navy.mil>
Pedrina Terra, pedrina.santos at ucf.edu<mailto:pedrina.santos at ucf.edu>

Dr. Fabio Vargas, Ph.D. Sc.
Research Scientist
--
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Remote Sensing & Space Science Laboratory
I have written the text below to be sent to the CEDAR community in regard to the joint Session:  Would you please take a look and give me the green light to forward it to Maute.

I plan to send it late this afternoon.

Cheers

FV

Dr. Fabio Vargas, Ph.D. Sc.