CEDAR email: CEDAR Grand Challenge workshop: extended deadline March 1
maute at ucar.edu
Sat Feb 22 08:21:55 MST 2020
Dear CEDAR Colleagues,
we would like to invite the CEDAR community to *propose new GrandChallenge
(GC) topics to be initiated at the 2020 CEDAR Workshop*.
Grand Challenges highlight topics that will have a large impact on the
CEDAR research community, with the workshops serving as a focal point
for coordinated efforts.
A list of current and past GC workshops can be found at:
*Proposals for a Grand Challenge workshop can be submitted online before 1
March, 2020 at*:
In the proposal,
please provide the following information:
- An explanation of why the proposed topic is compelling and likely to
have an impact on a large segment of the CEDAR research community.
- Information on how the proposed topic aligns with the goals of the
CEDAR strategic plan.
- Well-defined objectives for the GC workshop and metrics to assess success.
- Justification for why the objectives require coordinated workshops
over multiple years and a plan for what the GCW will accomplish in
- Proposed topics for the plenary tutorial talk. At least one new Grand
Challenge workshop will be selected.
GC workshops can be proposed for up to 3 years and be will be granted
4-hours of workshop time and one 45 minute plenary tutorial slot with
yearly reports during their term. We look forward to receiving your
proposals and seeing you at this year’s CEDAR Workshop!
Sincerely, on behalf of the CEDAR Science Steering Committee,
Andi Gerrard (gerrard at njit.edu)
Julia Urbina (urbina at psu.edu)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email