CEDAR email: AGU SPA Nomination Task Force

Michael Hartinger mdhartin1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:28:55 MDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The AGU SPA Nomination Task Force is looking for volunteers who are
interested in helping increase the number of nominations for individuals
from under-represented groups (URGs) to AGU awards and honors. Over the
past 3 years, we nominated many individuals that fit this criteria, with
several successful high-impact awards. You can read more about the process
and results in a short EoS article: https://bit.ly/2X2QIZR

We are particularly looking for committee members in the SA and SH sections
of SPA in order to have a fair representation across the disciplines. And
you need not be part of an URG to help out! If you’d like to learn more or
join the NTF to help nominate deserving individuals from URGs for
prestigious AGU awards and honors, please fill out the NTF sign-up form:
https://bit.ly/2F74QHa . Thank you in advance for your support in helping
to fairly recognize all the members of our community.

--
Michael Hartinger
Research Scientist

Research Assistant Professor