CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Rotator Positions for Aeronomy and Space Weather Program Directors at NSF

Wiltberger, Michael J mwiltber at nsf.gov
Mon Oct 21 09:38:18 MDT 2019

Roman Makarevich is ending his term as Program Director for the Aeronomy in the Geospace Section of NSF’s Division of Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences at the end of the month.  We are looking for an experienced upper atmosphere scientist with a flair for scientific leadership and an interest in community service, who is excited about the opportunity to work with us to oversee the Aeronomy research program and shape the investment in geospace science at NSF.   In addition, we are also looking for scientists interested in filling the role of Space Weather Program officer.   In return, these positions offer a unique chance to experience the inner workings of federal research programs and to influence the future development of Geospace science at NSF.  A starting date around as soon as possible would be ideal but a later date can also be arranged. Rotator assignments are typically of 2-3 years duration.

Rotator positions can be either Intergovernmental Personnel Assignment (IPA) or Visiting Scientist, Engineer, and Educator (VSEE) assignments. For more information regarding rotator assignments and eligibility, visit our website at https://www.nsf.gov/careers/rotator/ .

Consideration of interested applicants will begin November 18, 2019 and will continue until selection is made. For more information about the major duties of the program officer, qualifications, and details on how to apply please see the recently issued Dear Colleague Letter - https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2019/ags19002/ags19002.jsp?org=NSF

Questions about the position can be directed to Geospace Section Head Michael Wiltberger (mwiltber at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>)  or any of the Geospace program directors:

Carrie Black, Geospace Facilities cblack at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>
Ilia Roussev, Solar-Terrestrial Research iroussev at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>
Lisa Winter, Magnetospheric Physics at lwinter at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>

NSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Employing a Highly Qualified Staff that Reflects the Diversity of Our Nation.