CEDAR email: Special Collection on Space Weather Forecasting

Verkhoglyadova, Olga (335G) olga.verkhoglyadova at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 15 14:37:45 MDT 2019

The Chapman conference on Scientific Challenges Pertaining to Space Weather Forecasting Including Extremes was held in Pasadena, CA on 12-15 February this year (https://connect.agu.org/aguchapmanconference/upcoming-chapmans/space-weather-forecasting ). The AGU Space Weather journal solicits a Special Collection of papers dedicated to the science of space weather forecasting. The goal of this special collection is to highlight original research results presented at the Chapman conference and other research contributions that address topics relevant to space weather forecasting including extreme events. Recent years have brought significant new developments in modeling and observing capabilities, yet there remain considerable scientific challenges in transforming these capabilities into reliable and consistent space weather forecasting capabilities. We welcome papers that showcase recent successes in forecasting of space weather phenomena within the complex Sun-Earth system and new insights that increase our understanding of all aspects of space weather including extremes. To support the transformative nature of the Chapman conference, we encourage you to submit thought-provoking manuscripts. Papers can be submitted through the GEM (https://spaceweather-submit.agu.org/cgi-bin/main.plex ). The special collection is due to close on 15 November 2019.

Guest Associate Editors of Space Weather for the special collection are:

Olga Verkhoglyadova (JPL, USA), Xing Meng (JPL, USA), Tomoko Matsuo (UC Boulder, USA), Mamoru Ishii (NICT, Japan)

Please contact Olga Verkhoglyadova (Olga.Verkhoglyadova at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Olga.Verkhoglyadova at jpl.nasa.gov>) or any of the Guest Editors if you have questions.