CEDAR email: Job Opening: Tenure Track Faculty Position at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Liu, Alan LIUZ2 at erau.edu
Wed Mar 6 16:50:28 MST 2019

[cid:image001.png at 01D408B9.13D5AED0]

Human Resources

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D408B9.13D5AED0]

Tenure Track Faculty Position in Engineering Physics

The Department of Physical Sciences at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Daytona Beach Campus invites applications for a Tenure-Track faculty position emphasizing space- or ground-based instrumentation and systems engineering in the areas of atmospheric, geospace, planetary or astronomical sciences. This 9-month tenure-track position will be at the rank of assistant professor.  Candidates must have a Ph.D. in any related discipline and be available by August 15, 2019. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to develop a productive and vigorous externally-funded research program, as well as possess the enthusiasm and drive to teach and mentor both undergraduate and graduate students.

The Physical Sciences Department, comprising approximately 35 faculty members, is home to one of the leading ABET-accredited undergraduate Engineering Physics programs in the US, as well as growing BS Space Physics, BS Astronomy & Astrophysics, MS Engineering Physics, and PhD Engineering Physics programs. The Department also delivers physics, astronomy and chemistry service courses to other majors.

Applications are currently under consideration, and the position will remain open until filled.  Please submit applications online, including a cover letter, full CV, statements of teaching philosophy and research interests, as well as the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references. Please submit all application materials at http://careers.erau.edu<http://careers.erau.edu/>, requisition #190125.

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals. The university does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.  Embry-Riddle is also committed to diversity and inclusion in higher education. We continually strive to recognize, respect and celebrate the differences and cultural identities among individuals as we recruit, support, and embrace our diverse community. We work to provide a safe environment where self-expression is welcome.  We strive to create a campus climate free of discrimination so that networks, partnerships and cultural competency continue to be fostered through leadership, integrity, care and respect.

Inquiries may be addressed to:
Terry D. Oswalt, Ph.D.
Chair, Dept. Physical Sciences
Office: (386) 226-7571
terry.oswalt at erau.edu<mailto:terry.oswalt at erau.edu>

Click Here to Review the Official Posting & Learn More About ERAU<https://embryriddle.taleo.net/careersection/002/jobdetail.ftl?job=190125&tz=GMT-05%3A00>

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D449BB.40CE2230]

[cid:image006.png at 01D3E2C4.E99EC440]

600 S. CLYDE MORRIS BLVD.  |  DAYTONA BEACH, FL 32114

Alan Z. Liu, Ph.D.
Professor of Engineering Physics
Department of Physical Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
386.226.6538
alan.liu at erau.edu<mailto:alan.liu at erau.edu>