CEDAR email: 2019 AGU Fall Meeting Session: SA012 - Next Generation Thermospheric Winds

Khadka, Sovit khadka at njit.edu
Wed Jul 24 18:20:00 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to submit abstracts to session SA012 "Next
Generation Thermospheric Winds
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/81614>" at the AGU Fall
Meeting, to be held on 9-13 December 2019 in San Francisco, California.

*************AGU Session Details******************

*Session Title:* SA012 - Next Generation Thermospheric Winds

*Section:* SPA-Aeronomy

*Session Link:* https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/81614

*Conveners:*

Sovit Khadka/ New Jersey Institute of Technology, Patrick Dandenault/ Johns
Hopkins University, Andrew Gerrard/ New Jersey Institute of Technology

*Session Description:*

Thermospheric neutral winds play a decisive role in controlling various
geospace processes, the coupling between different layers in the upper
atmosphere, the redistribution of plasma and neutral composition, the
generation of waves and density structures, etc. These phenomena perturb
the space environment/medium and can severely impact modern space-based
technologies. Measurements and understandings of thermospheric wind
dynamics over a full diurnal cycle are required to resolve these issues.
The availability of space-based (NASA-GOLD, ICON, etc.) and ground-based
observations creates new opportunities for multi-disciplinary and
multi-instrument collaborations to advance the current understandings of
the thermospheric wind dynamics, and to validate existing wind models. This
session welcomes contributions on all aspects of research aimed to address
the current challenges associated with our understanding of thermospheric
winds, as well as efforts for advancing our understanding such winds across
local, regional, and global-scales from theoretical, observational, and
modeling perspectives.

*Index Terms:*

3369 Thermospheric dynamics

2447 Modeling and forecasting

7894 Instruments and techniques

7944 Ionospheric effects on radio waves

Looking forward to your contributions in our AGU session.

Please note that the abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, 31 July
2019 at 23:59 EDT/03:59 + 1 GMT.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sovit Khadka