CEDAR email: AGU session: GP010 - Investigating Earth Processes Using Low Earth Orbiting Space Magnetometry, Successes and Opportunities

Feng Tian tianfengco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:49:27 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The AGU Fall Meeting is returning to San Francisco this year (9-13 December
2019), with its centennial edition. Planetary sciences are part of the
celebrations. We would be delighted if you consider your participation
and encourage
submissions of cross-disciplinary presentations in our session *P028:
**Planetary
Atmospheres and Evolution. *

The deadline for abstract submission will be *Wednesday 31 July 2019. *The
goals and objectives of the session are presented below.

Please pass this invitation to your colleagues who might be interested, and
of course we are happy to answer any questions that you might have. We hope
to see you in San Francisco!

Best regards,

Feng, Cedric and Vladimir

*P028** - Planetary Atmospheres and Evolution*

(https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/79425)

atmospheres, the physical mechanisms governing these atmospheres, and their
chemical evolution are strong driving forces of planetary science and solar
system exploration mission planning. While the long-term evolution of the
Earth is constrained by geological studies and isotopic analyses, the
evolutionary paths of other planets must be reconstructed from data
obtained through astronomical observations and planetary missions. Models
of planetary atmospheres use these observations to illuminate governing
physical processes operating from the Earth to other planets in our solar
system and beyond. The rapidly increasing number of discovered exoplanets
provides a new opportunity for interdisciplinary collaborations between
heliophysicists, astrophysicists, geoscientists, biochemists, planetary and
climate scientists concerning the physical and chemical evolution of
(exo)planetary atmospheres and planetary habitability. This session
welcomes observational, theoretical, experimental, and field studies
relevant to the atmospheres, evolution, and habitability of planets in and
outside of our solar system.

*Convenors:* *Feng Tian* (Macau University of Science and Technology), *Cedric
Gillmann *(Free University of Belgium) and *Vladimir Airapetian* (NASA
Goddard Space Flight Center/SEEC & American University).