CEDAR email: Job opportunity at Arecibo Observatory/UCF
maute at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 2 14:26:51 MDT 2019
Dear CEDAR community
The Arecibo Observatory, part of University of Central Florida (UCF), is
opening a position for Science Manager. This position will have overall
management responsibility over the onsite science team at Arecibo. This
position is responsible for administratively managing staff work, making
assignments, evaluating performance and providing guidance and direction.
The candidate will work directly with the scientists in developing
performance plans and metrics aligned with short- and long-term objectives
of the facility. Responsible for managing team budget, hiring and reporting
· Responsible for the management of the science team at the Arecibo
· Provides leadership and direction to all on site science personnel.
· Develops and tracks scientific goals, results, and metrics which
includes publications, observations and external collaborations, among
· Develops performance-to-plan metric for all areas of responsibility.
· Establishes the team's organizational cadence and structure to
ensure high performance and adaptability.
· Works in conjunction with the principal scientists, the on-site
staff and external advisors to develop, document and implement the site's
short- and long-term science strategy.
· Leads the development and implementation of the site procedures to
ensure proper workflow of daily tasks.
· Strives to develop an atmosphere of collaboration, inclusion and
integration across the science organizations.
· Responsible for budget development and budget management for the
· Mentors, train and hire top scientists around the world.
· Completes the performance management and merit process for the
· Identifies and develops research partnerships with other
· Works closely with FSI and UCF ORC HR, Finance and Contracts
personnel to ensure compliance to required deliverables.
· Other duties as assigned.
About Arecibo Observatory:
The Arecibo Observatory, located near the town of Arecibo, Puerto Rico, is
a world-class observational facility allowing for cutting-edge space
research and education. The observatory hosts one of the world’s largest
and most powerful single-dish radio/radar telescopes, and gathers
information about planets, moons, asteroids and comets. The Arecibo
Observatory is currently operated and managed by University of Central
Florida in partnership with Sistema Ana G. Mendez Universidad Metropolitana
(UMET) and Yang Enterprises, Inc under a cooperative agreement with the
National Science Foundation (NSF). To learn more about the Arecibo
Observatory, visit www.naic.edu/ao/.
To learn about this opportunity, please visit
*Christiano Garnett Marques Brum*
Deputy Director of Science Operations - Arecibo Observatory
University Of Central Florida (UCF)
HC3 BOX 53995, Arecibo PR 00612
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email