CEDAR email: postdoc postion
liu.huixin.295 at m.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 10 16:16:52 MST 2019
Postdoctoral Position in Earth and Planetary Science Department, Kyushu University, Japan
We invite applications for one postdoctoral position to work on a Japan-Germany joint project about “Wave coupling processes of the middle and upper atmosphere: Interannual and long-term variability”. This research project is jointly funded by Japan JSPS and German DFG science foundations in the framework of JSPS-DFG cooperation program. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to closely work with partner institutes in both countries on this project.
1. Field of research: Middle Atmosphere Physics, Ionosphere Physics
2. Job responsibilities:
- To examine the interannual, long-term variability in tides and gravity waves using a combination of LEO satellites and long-term ground optical and radar observations (MU radar, FPI, airglow measurements in Japan and Southeast Asia) and multi-year whole atmosphere model simulations.
- To investigate the physical mechanisms pertaining to wave coupling at interannual and long-term scales by carrying out model experiments with the whole atmosphere-ionosphere coupled model (GAIA), and compare with middle atmosphere models.
- Doctor degree in Atmosphere Physics or Space Physics
- Expertise in study of MLT region dynamics and its coupling to the upper atmosphere, atmospheric tides and gravity waves
- Experiences and skills in analyzing satellite and ground-based optical and radar observations of the thermosphere and ionosphere
4. Contract period:
May, 1, 2019 – Mar. 31 2020, based on a performance evaluation, the contract is renewable yearly until Feb 28, 2022.
Will be determined according to Kyushu University’s regulations.
6. Application materials required:
a. CV (free format but with photo and birthday)
b. A list of publications
c. 3 major publications in PDF format
d. Research plan (1-2 pages)
e. 2 Recommendation letters
7. Application deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
8. Where to send:
Please email your application to Huixin Liu: liu.huixin.295 at m.kyushu-u.ac.jp. Questions and enquires can also be addressed. Please keep the file below 10 MB.
- Kyushu university is located in Fukuoka, a lively city in southern Japan with reasonable living cost. https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2161.html <https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2161.html>
- All application materials will be treated as confidential and will be safely disposed after the selection procedure is finished.
- Kyushu university is a gender equality organization.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email