CEDAR email: SURVEY: Shape the Future of Space

APL Space Survey APLSpaceSurvey at jhuapl.edu
Mon Dec 30 14:10:51 MST 2019

The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) is performing an internally-funded three-round survey to identify possible disruptive futures and potential inflection points for the space industry. Our goal is to understand the range of possible futures and, in our role as a Trusted Agent, identify actions that the United States Government should take to ensure continued advancement of the domestic space industry. We invite you to share your vision for the future of space by participating in this survey.

Participants from the first round of this survey provided thought-provoking answers to our question prompts.  We have taken several recurring themes and ideas from those original responses to construct this second round, which aims to narrow down and find expert consensus among the concepts that emerged in our first analysis.  Your responses to this survey will help us construct the final round of questions, which will further explore proposed space futures.
We request that you participate, if possible, in both this second round and the forthcoming third round of this survey.

***The results of the study will be shared with everyone who participates in both remaining rounds.***

The survey is going out to people with known space expertise across the industry. As you are a valued member of that community, we encourage you to forward it to others you know who have ideas to contribute. The more who participate, the better chance we will have of capturing the broadest set of ideas.
Thank you for your participation in this survey. We see this as a very exciting time for space development!

The survey is managed through the online SurveyMonkey tool. We ask that you respond by January 15th, 2020.

The link to the survey is:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SpaceFuturesNewRound2

Thank you!
The APL Space Survey Team