CEDAR email: AOGS 2020: Session ST03 " Ion Composition in the Sun-earth System"

Chao Yue yuechao at atmos.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 5 19:48:32 MST 2019

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please help to post this advertisement for AOGS 2020 session. Thank you!

Best regards,
Chao

AOGS 2020: Session ST03 " Ion Composition in the Sun-earth System"
From: Chao Yue, Mick Denton, Kunihiro Keika, Yiqun Yu (yuechao at pku.edu.cn)

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to our session on ion composition to
be held at the upcoming 2020 Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)
meeting in South Korea from 28 June to 04 July 2020.  Please consider
submitting an abstract to present your latest results in our session, the
details for which are included below. Also, please note, the abstract
submission deadline is *Jan. 21, 2020.*

*ST03 - Ion Composition in the Sun-earth System*

Knowledge of ion composition and its variability in the Sun-Earth system is
essential for our understanding of plasma dynamics, such as the ion source,
acceleration, transport, and loss processes. The ion composition is
strongly affected by the geomagnetic activity, such as storms and
substorms, and the change of ion composition in the thermosphere may also
affect composition in the ionosphere/magnetosphere. In addition, the heavy
ions play an important role in ring current build-up and decay, magnetic
reconnection, and interactions with plasma waves. Understanding these
processes is crucial in order to understand and predict the magnetosphere
as a coupled system. We invite presentations on recent progress concerning
these various processes in the Sun-Earth system. Contributions from all
relevant fields, including theoretical studies, numerical modeling,
observations from satellite and ground-based missions, such as Van Allen
Probes, Arase, THEMIS, MMS, Cluster, DMSP, POES, SWARM, magnetometer,
optical imagers, etc, are welcome.

Session site, lookup ST03 in the list at:
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2020/public.asp?page=sessionList.htm

Abstract submission site:
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2020/public.asp?page=abstract.asp

Sincerely,

Chao Yue (Peking University, China)
Mick Denton (Los Alamos National lab, United States)
Kunihiro Keika (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
Yiqun Yu (Beihang University, China)

--
Chao YUE
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
e-mail: yuechao at atmos.ucla.edu or leleyc1015 at gmail.com
*http://people.atmos.ucla.edu/yuechao/
<http://people.atmos.ucla.edu/yuechao/>*