CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Rotator Position for Aeronomy Program Director at NSF

Wiltberger, Michael J mwiltber at nsf.gov
Tue Jul 3 13:36:08 MDT 2018

Ruth Liberman’s outstanding service as Program Director for the Aeronomy Program in the Geospace Section of NSF’s Division of Atmopsheric and Geospace Sciences will be coming to end in August when she moves onto a new position at NASA/GSFC. We are looking for an experienced upper atmosphere scientist with a flair for scientific leadership and an interest in community service, who is excited about the opportunity to work with us to maintain an excellent aeronomy research program and shape the investment in geospace science at NSF.  In return, the position offers a unique chance to experience the inner workings of federal research programs and to influence the future development of Geospace science at NSF.  A starting date around September 1, 2018 would be ideal but a later date can also be arranged. Rotator assignments are typically of 2-3 years duration.

Rotator positions can be either Intergovernmental Personnel Assignment (IPA) or Visiting Scientist, Engineer, and Educator (VSEE) assignments. For more information regarding rotator assignments and eligibility, visit our website at https://www.nsf.gov/careers/rotator/ .

Consideration of interested applicants will begin August 1, 2018, and will continue until selection is made. Individuals interested in applying for this position should send a current CV and letter of interest by email to:

Michael Wiltberger
Geospace Section Head
National Science Foundation
Division of Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences
Email: mwiltber at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>
Phone: 703-292-8519

Questions about the positions can be directed to the above or any of the Geospace program directors:

Irfan Azeem Space Weather sazeem at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>.
Carrie Black, Geospace Facilities cblack at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>
Ruth Liberman, Aeronomy rliberman at nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>
Ilia Roussev, Solar-Terrestrial Research iroussev nsf.gov<http://nsf.gov>

NSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Employing a Highly Qualified Staff that Reflects the Diversity of Our Nation.