CEDAR email: Could I please post this:

Tim Fuller-Rowell - NOAA Affiliate tim.fuller-rowell at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 7 13:09:46 MST 2018

Could I please post the message below on the CEDAR distribution.

*Call for Abstracts to Whole Atmosphere Modelling Workshop*

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the Whole Atmosphere
Modelling Workshop to be held in Tres Cantos, Spain (close to Madrid), on
June 13-15, 2018.

The workshop is intended to focus on the scientific and technical issues
associated with developing atmospheric models that extend from the ground
up to and including the thermosphere at about 600km. The goal of this
effort is to develop models for improved ionospheric and thermospheric
space weather forecasting, which include comprehensive representations of
forcing from the lower atmosphere, as well as solar and geomagnetic
forcing. Themes of the workshop include:

Atmospheric models: capabilities and limitations

Developing whole atmosphere model building blocks

Dynamic drivers of the thermosphere and ionosphere

Data assimilation and model validation

Ionosphere and magnetosphere interactions

The workshop shall be limited to a maximum of 50 attendees, so early
abstract submission and registration is advised. The workshop has space for
a limited number of oral and poster papers. Please submit you abstract by
March 23rd 2018.

In order to submit an abstract and register for the workshop, please visit
the workshop website here: http://www.elecnor-deimos.com/wam-workshop-2018,
and follow the appropriate links. The workshop registration fee (€185)
includes lunches, welcome reception, and a workshop dinner. The workshop
will be held at Deimos Space premises, located in Tres Cantos (near
Madrid), Spain, from 13 to 15 June 2018.

Several invited speakers have already been confirmed to include Yasunobu
Miyoshi (Kyushu University), Hanli Liu (NCAR), John Plane (University of
Leeds), Larisa Goncharenko (MIT Haystack Observatory), Anasuya Aruliah
(UCL), Adrian Grocott (Lancaster University) and Dan Wellings (University
of Michigan).

For more information, please email us at  wamw2018 at deimos-space.com.

Key deadlines:

Call for abstracts and posters:  8 February 2018

Registration opens: 8 February 2018

Call for abstracts closes: 23 March 2018

Registration closes: 23 March 2018

We look forward to welcoming you to Spain!

*Science Organising Committee:*

David Jackson (Met Office, UK), Tim Fuller-Rowell (NOAA, USA), Dan Marsh
(NCAR, USA)

*Local Organisation:*

Sandra Negrin (Deimos, Spain)