CEDAR email: Call for EGU abstracts: Dynamics and interaction of processes in Earth and its space environment

Claudia Stolle cstolle at gfz-potsdam.de
Sun Dec 16 09:43:37 MST 2018

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following interdisciplinary
session at the EGU General Assembly 7-12 April 2019 in Vienna and invite
you to consider submitting an abstract:

ST3.3/EMRP2.6/G4.5:
Dynamics and interaction of processes in Earth and space environment:
global observations and modelling

Many recent advances in space sciences, geomagnetism, and gravity arose
from combining specific knowledge of these areas in interdisciplinary
research. Questions addressed are, for example: What features of
ionospheric currents do we discover when we understand the shape,
strengths, and variation of the geomagnetic background field, e.g., with
respect to influences by upward propagating atmospheric waves? Which
ionospheric processes need to be better quantified to achieve complete
knowledge of global core or crustal field variations? How does knowledge
of the geometry of ionospheric and magnetospheric sources help in
determining Earth’s conductivity in the geomagnetic field? How strongly
do we need to consider Earth’s conductivity in quantifying ionospheric
currents? How can we quantify and correct for ionospheric perturbations
to achieve the best gravity field solutions? Finally, what can we learn
about space sciences by studying ionospheric effects on geodetic
measurements?

The session invites contributions on any of the subjects and in
particular on results that benefit from interdisciplinary works in the
areas of space science, geomagnetism, and gravity. Submissions are
welcomed that contain analyses of global satellite or ground
observations or modelling studies, including a combination of both.

Abstracts can be directly submitted from
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/31918
The abstract submission deadline is 10 January 2019, 13:00 CET.

Kind regards,
Claudia Stolle, Patrick Alken, Alexander Grayver, Adrian Jaeggi, Rumi
Nakamura