CEDAR email: Call for participation in GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge Session at 2018 mini-GEM Workshop

Shim, Ja Soon (GSFC-674.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] jasoon.shim at nasa.gov
Thu Dec 6 09:15:24 MST 2018

Dear Colleague,

Please join us for discussions on our GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge on Sunday, December 9 at mini-GEM Workshop:

Date: Sunday, December 9, 2018

Time: 3:30-5:00 pm

Location: Washington Room of the Hilton Alexandria Old Town in Alexandria, Virginia

In the meeting, we will first report outcomes of the validation studies performed by Ionosphere-Working Teams of the International Forum for Space Weather Modeling Capabilities Assessment that is facilitated by the Community Coordinated Modeling Center. Then, we will focus on scintillations and neutral winds.

Presentations and topics for discussion:

Ionosphere-Working Group Report

  *   overview:  Ludger Scherliess (USU)
  *   foF2/TEC during storms: Ja Soon Shim (GSFC/CUA)
  *   foF2/hmF2 climatology: Ioanna Tsagouri (NOA)/Larisa Goncharenko (MIT)
  *   scintillation: Endawoke Yizengaw (BC)

Scintillations at Middle Latitudes - Keith Groves (BC)

Neutral Wind Modeling and hmF2 Dynamics - Patrick Dandenault (JHU/APL)

Future Plans and Action Items

We hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Ja Soon Shim